Rascal Remedy Terms and Conditions ‘Holiday Client'
1. In order to use the services, the Holiday Client must pay a £10 administration fee and complete a registration form with up-to-date data. Rascal Remedy reserves the right to accept or refuse any registration in the event of non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions of Use. People under the age of 18 are not allowed to use this site.
2. All Babysitter’s will be over the age of 19 and hold relevant childcare experience. A visit or video call will be held with the Holiday Client prior to the booking, in order to assess the suitability of the location, to ensure Babysitter’s personal safety.
3. Rascal Remedy Babysitter’s are under a contractual obligation and Holiday Clients should not approach them directly, any bookings should be made through Rascal Remedy.
4. It is fundamental that the Holiday Client ensures that their username and password are kept secret and refrain from allowing third parties to access their account on their behalf, if this does occur the Client will therefore be solely responsible for this.
5. Rascal Remedy is acting as an introduction agency that submits suitable Babysitters for the Holiday Client to book.
6. A Client should give more than 8 hours notice for a booking. If a booking is required under 8 hours notice then an emergency booking fee of £10 is payable. This fee must be paid in order for the booking to be confirmed. There is an allocated page indicating this fee.
7. A Holiday Client should contact Rascal Remedy immediately if the booking is made with less than 2 hours notice. By email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07470451494. Babysitters require notice more than 2hours, the booking cannot be guaranteed.
8. Holiday Clients accept Rascal Remedy may communicate with them by email, text message or phone in regards to any matter concerning there Babysitter booking.
9. The Client is restricted from using this Website in any way that impacts user access, breaks applicable laws and regulations, or in any way causes harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity. This includes mining, harvesting or extracting data.
10. The services provided have been implemented with consideration of the Children’s Act 1989 and the Care Standards Acts 2000.
11. The Client is obligated to provide reasonable instructions, should they or their children act unreasonably or are offensive to the Babysitter, are causing harm or likely to cause harm to other children or themselves, then the situation will be assessed and actions will be taken. The Client should also provide suitable food, cash if required should the Babysitter be providing any entertainment for the children etc
12. In no event shall Rascal Remedy or any of its directors be held liable for any indirect or consequential actions from the Holiday Client’s use of this Website or in relation to any matter arising in relation to the performance of the services.
1. The journey to become a Babysitter follows an application process where identity checks by sight of documents and records supporting the applicant's identity and a personal interview. This information is reviewed, approved and signed off by the Rascal Remedy Recruitment Manager before each Babysitter profile is uploaded to the Rascal Remedy site.
2. The Holiday Client must satisfy itself as to the suitability of the Babysitter prior to the booking. Rascal Remedy cannot be held accountable for negligence on the part of a Babysitter who has provided satisfactory references except where reasonable care has not been taken in the reference checking process. Additional checks must be done so via Rascal Remedy.
3. If a Holiday Client wishes to employ a specific Babysitter originally introduced by Rascal Remedy on a long term or regular basis, the Rascal Remedy team should be contacted.
4. The Holiday Client is responsible for ensuring that the address for the booking made has public and employers liability insurance for domestic workers. The Client must also ensure that the Babysitter clearly understands any special needs of the Holiday Client's children.
5 . If the Client is late in returning then enhanced charges may be payable. If the Client fails to pay any charges. It is Rascal Remedy’s right to suspend any further services and also to charge interest on any late payment.
1. The Holiday Client pays an administration fee of £10. For a 1 month period of access to the site. The booking is sectioned into hours. For each booking a fee of £5 is charged for the service of finding a fully vetted Babysitter. It is only accepted once Rascal Remedy have reviewed the request and uploaded it accordingly. Once the payments have been taken, confirmation will be sent to both the Holiday Client and the Babysitter. The Babysitter will be paid within 24hours of the booking taking place and both parties are satisfied.
2. Booking and administration fees are inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate. The Holiday Client has a 12 hour allowance from the booking start time to cancel a Booking, the Booking itself will be refunded but the administration fee and booking fee will still apply. Cancellations are always acknowledged by email or phone and are effective on receipt, without penalty.
3. This is a contract for services to be between the Holiday Client themselves and the individual Babysitter. It is a contract of a self-employed person and therefore not a contract of employment with Rascal Remedy.
4. Payment will be due once the booking is made through paypal. The Babysitter fee is £8 per hour. However this is subject to change.
5. The Holiday Client is obligated to pay an emergency booking fee, if the booking is made with less than 8 hours notice.
6.If the booking is made with less than 2 hours notice then the Holiday Client should notify Rascal Remedy immediately by email to or by phone on 07757251484. Babysitters require notice more than 2hours.
7.In order to resolve a dispute, an independent third party mediator prior to any court action will be undertaken. This is a law requirement.
1.A Holiday Client has a 12 hour allowance before the booking start time to cancel, the Booking itself will be refunded but the administration fee and booking fee will still apply. Cancellations are always acknowledged by email or phone and are effective on receipt, without penalty.
2.In the event that either the Client does not fulfil the Terms and Conditions, or breach any of the laws and regulations, Rascal Remedy reserves the right to suspend, delete or prevent access to the website services.
3.If the Client obtains further services of the babysitter, after the original booking made through Rascal Remedy. Then the Client’s membership will be cancelled with immediate effect. No refund of membership fees and no further bookings will be accepted. The Babysitter’s profile will be terminated and no bookings will be offered. Due to the breach of the Terms and Conditions the Client will be held liable and loss to Rascal Remedy will be established.
1.The Holiday Client has has a 12 hour allowance before the booking to cancel, the Booking itself will be refunded but the administration fee and booking fee will still apply. Cancellations are always acknowledged by email or phone and are effective on receipt, without penalty.
2.On the basis this is a distance contract and if the Holiday Client wishes to end services before the end of the booking Then the Holiday Client will not be refunded.
3.In the event that a Babysitter is booked and for reasons beyond the Rascal Remedy’s control the Babysitter cancels at short notice or fails to arrive at the appointed time, then Rascal Remedy will use its resources to find another Babysitter for the Holiday Client. In the event that it is not possible to refill the booking, no booking fee will be charged.
Holiday Client’s data
2.The Holiday Clients information will be stored within a database, it will be used in order to categorise interests, how many children, ages of children, special requirements for children, how frequently a service is booked and reviews given. This information will be password accessible only.
3.Only if the Holiday Client specifically agrees to pass on details to third parties, then promotional offers can be sent to Holiday Clients on behalf of third parties.
4.Only to comply with law, will information be shared under any legal proceedings or subject to any government requests.
This contract shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales and the Holiday Client agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.