Rascal Remedy Terms and Conditions ‘Babysitter’
1. In order to use the services, the Babysitter must complete the application process with up-to-date data. Rascal Remedy reserves the right to accept or refuse any application in the event of non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions of Use. People under the age of 18 are not allowed to use this site.
2. All Babysitters will be over the age of 18 and hold relevant childcare experience. A visit or video call will be held with the Client prior to the booking, in order to assess the suitability of the location, to ensure Babysitters personal safety.
3. Rascal Remedy Babysitter’s are under a contractual obligation and should not approach the Client directly, any bookings should be made through Rascal Remedy.
4. Rascal Remedy is an introduction agency that submits suitable Babysitter’s for the Client to book. Rascal Remedy is acting as an introduction agency that submits suitable Babysitters for the Client to book.
5. The Babysitter accepts that the Client should give more than 8 hours notice for a booking. If a booking is required under 8 hours notice then an emergency booking fee of £10 is payable. This fee must be paid in order for the booking to be confirmed. There is an allocated page indicating this fee.
6. A Client should contact Rascal Remedy immediately if the booking is made with less than 2 hours notice. By email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 07470451494. Babysitters require notice more than 2hours, the booking cannot be guaranteed.
7. The Babysitter accepts that they may be contacted about less than 2 hours notice bookings. There is a right to refuse this booking.
8. Babysitter’s accept Rascal Remedy may communicate with them by email, text message or phone in regards to any matter concerning there childcare booking or application.
9. The Babysitter is restricted from using this Website in any way that impacts user access, breaks applicable laws and regulations, or in any way causes harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity. This includes mining, harvesting or extracting data.
10. The services provided have been implemented with consideration of the Children’s Act 1989 and the Care Standards Acts 2000.
11. The Client is obligated to provide reasonable instructions, should they or their children act unreasonably or are offensive to the Babysitter, are causing harm or likely to cause harm to other children or themselves, then the situation will be assessed and actions will be taken. The Client should also provide suitable food, cash if required should the Babysitter be providing any entertainment for the children etc.
12. In no event shall Rascal Remedy or any of its directors be held liable for any indirect or consequential actions from the Babysitter’s use of this Website or in relation to any matter arising in relation to the performance of the services.
1. The journey to become a Babysitter follows an application process where identity checks by sight of documents and records supporting the applicant's identity and a personal interview. This information is reviewed, approved and signed off by the Rascal Remedy Recruitment Manager before each Babysitter profile is uploaded to the Rascal Remedy site.
2. The Babysitter must provide any convictions prior to the booking. Rascal Remedy cannot be held accountable for negligence on the part of a Babysitter who has provided satisfactory references except where reasonable care has not been taken in the reference checking process.
3. If a Babysitter is looking to perform services for a Client originally introduced by Rascal Remedy on a long term or regular basis, the Rascal Remedy team should be contacted. As the Babysitter is restricted to perform services for another Client for the term they are registered to Rascal Remedy and up to six months after the contract is terminated.
4. The Babysitter is obligated to ensure that they are self employed to declare the appropriate taxes.
5. If the Client is late in returning then Rascal Remedy should be notified as enhanced charges may be payable.
6.The Babysitter is obligated to update Rascal Remedy if they breach any laws, if their circumstances change, or if a report is required for a property.
1. The Client’s booking is sectioned into designated hours. Once the payments have been taken, confirmation will be sent to both the Client and the Babysitter. The Babysitter will be paid within 24 hours of the booking taking place and both parties are satisfied.
2. This is a contract for services to be between the client themselves and the individual babysitter. It is a contract of a self-employed person and therefore not a contract of employment with Rascal Remedy.
3. Payment will be due once the booking is made through paypal. The Babysitter fee is £8 per hour. However this is subject to change.
4. In order to resolve a dispute, an independent third party mediator prior to any court action will be undertaken. This is a law requirement.
1. A Babysitter has one month prior to the booking to cancel it in order for their profile to remain active, emergency cancellations will be assessed.
2. Rascal Remedy reserves the right to terminate a Babysitter’s profile in the event of three cancellations.
3. .In the event that either the Babysitter does not fulfill the Terms and Conditions, or breach any of the laws and regulations, Rascal Remedy reserves the right to suspend, delete or prevent access to the website services.
4. If the Babysitter obtains further services of the Babysitter, after the original booking made through Rascal Remedy. Then the Babysitter’s profile will be terminated with immediate effect. No further bookings will be offered. Due to the breach of the Terms and Conditions the Babysitter will be held liable and loss to Rascal Remedy will be established and owed to Rascal Remedy.
2. The Babysitter’s information will be stored within a database, it will be used in order to categorise interests, qualifications and experience, how often they are available and reviews given. This information will be password accessible only.
3. Only if the Babysitter specifically agrees to pass on details to third parties, then promotional offers can be sent to Babysitter’s on behalf of third parties.
4. .Only to comply with law, will information be shared under any legal proceedings or subject to any government requests.
This contract shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales and the Babysitter agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.